- Location: London, E1W 3HW on weekdays; home working at weekends
- Pay: £16.32 per hour
- Hours: Flexible (see details below) + 2-4 hours per month of team meetings, supervision and line management
- Contract: Zero-hours, fixed term to 30th June 2020, with extension/renewal subject to funding
- Reports to: Webchat Coordinator
- Annual leave: Equivalent to 28 days + bank holidays per year (pro rata)
Closing Date: 10am on Tuesday 11th February
ABOUT THE ROLE
Can you listen calmly and empathically to a boy who has experienced sexual abuse? A non-binary person who was raped? The partner of a man sexually assaulted?
You’ll give emotional support, information and signposting via webchat, email, SMS, Whatsapp and phone to men, boys and non-binary people who have experienced sexual abuse, and their loved ones.
This is a flexible, rewarding role with the chance to make a meaningful difference to the journeys of those who contact us. Last year 2,600 contacted us; no two chats were the same.
- 3-6 hours in duration (usually 4 hours)
- Between 10am-8pm (usually 12pm-4pm or 4pm-8pm)
- Monday to Sunday.
You must be able to work in the SurvivorsUK office in London during the week to be considered for this role.
20-minute online assessment (completed at home):
- Monday 17th February
- Friday 21st February
- Thursday 27th February, 6pm-8.30pm
- Thursday 19th March, 6pm-8.30pm
- Thursday 16th April, 6pm-8pm
- Wednesday 18th March, 6.30pm-8.30pm
- Flexible – March or early April
HOW TO APPLY
Please read the attached job description carefully and email a completed application form to [email protected].
Although our services are predominantly for men and non-binary people, we welcome applicants of all genders.