Welcome to your space.
Do you have a story or anything you would like to share with us? Express yourself through writing your feelings, thoughts or send us your artworks.
By sharing your story, you can help challenge stigma and discrimination and show that rape and sexual abuse can affect anyone – including boys and men – and nobody should feel ashamed to talk about it. We welcome submissions about
● personal experience of rape and/or sexual abuse
● personal experience of mental health problems or specific feelings related to the abuse
● coping strategies, self-help and mindfulness
● experience of supporting a friend or a loved one living with the aftermath of abuse
● personal experience of facing or challenging stigma related to male rape and sexual abuse
● personal experience of healing and/or recovering
● promotion of events to raise awareness about male rape and sexual abuse organised by victims/survivors
Occasionally the digital media team will invite submissions on particular themes and reserves the right to promote relevant initiatives through the blog. We reserve the right to edit content to ensure that posts are consistent in nature.
■ Who can contribute
Anyone can submit a blog/vlog to the digital team for consideration. The digital team will discuss posts with a sensitive content with the clinical team and we will only publish blogs/vlogs that comply with the guidelines set out on this page.
■ How to contribute
To submit a blog/vlog post please click on the sidebar link. Remember to specify whether you would like your post to be published anonymously or not.
The blog aims to stimulate dialogue and debate, so we encourage you to share your post with family, friends and colleagues through email and social media sites and keep an eye out for comments.
Please note that we allow comments and questions on our posts and all of them will be reviewed by a moderator before they will be published. We will not publish any comments which:
● make personal attacks of any nature or that are disrespectful to the writer
● make fun of, victim-blame or otherwise criticise people who have experienced rape and/or sexual abuse
● are abusive, obscene, or offensive
● are triggering or explicit with regard to suicide or self-harm
● advertise for commercial products or services
● include material that the poster does not own the rights to
● includes contact details of the poster, or anyone else, in the body of the post (phone number, email address, etc.).
● are off-topic
All comments on the SurvivorsUK blog are moderated by SurvivorsUK’s helpline team.
The comments you post are yours alone for which you must take responsibility. The fact that we host them on our website does not imply that SurvivorsUK either endorses the views expressed or confirms any of the information contained in them.
■ Submitting your comment
Please note that the name you submit your comment under will be displayed on our website unless contrary indication. You are very welcome to post under a pseudonym.
When you submit your comment, you will be asked for your email address. This will never be published, but should we need to contact you about your comment, we will do so using this email address.
SurvivorsUK reserves the right to republish comments on our blog in other material, such as leaflets, booklets, reports or elsewhere on the SurvivorsUK’s website, however, we will not publish your name or any identifying information without your permission. SurvivorsUK complies with the 1998 Data Protection Act.
It is important to remember that once something is published online, others have the ability to share the information, or provide links to it, that is not within the control of SurvivorsUK. It may be a good idea to think carefully before submitting your story about how you might feel having many people read it, or comment on it. If you change your mind after submission, you can email us and we will remove the post from our website. If you need to talk to someone either before or after posting, do please make use of the webchat on our website.
Please fill this form to submit your blog/vlog: